Sunday, July 22, 2007

My Son the Wargaming General

Moving forward in march column.



My son, General Hugh Percy closes to point blank range against the hated rebels.



My five year old son, Jacob, embarked on his career as a wargaming General today. He chose to command a combined british and Hessian brigade against my brigade of American Continentals. Both sides fought toe to toe after closing to within 25 yards of each other and inflicted massive caualties (relatively speaking) on each other before the American general (that's me) ordered a retreat. We used the Guns of Liberty Rules and I limited things to standard movement, one formation change, firing and morale checks. We used Musket Miniatures figures because they are so sturdy. We had a good time and next week he wants to add a cannon to each side. I'm looking forward to avenging my defeat.




Here are few pics of what happened.




Fusiler Regiment Erbprinz vs. the 2nd Canadian regiment.


Slugging it out toe to toe.


Deploying into line.


Final dispositions.


First blood at 75-80 yards.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! That's the best thing I like about being a father, I have a built in opponent...

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.